Search This Blog

Sunday 22 April 2012

Vegetable Risotto

You may have seen a theme developing recently with a lot of recipes involving rice, this isn't intentional I just love rice and the fact you can do so much with it. This is a recipe from a while back.

Ingredients

250g Risotto rice
500ml Vegetable Stock  I use Knorr stock pots as they are truly the king of stocks!
Onions
Selection of vegetables I used pepper, spinach and broccoli
Garlic
Italian Seasoning
Chives
Salt and Pepper
2-4 Laughing Cow deli light blue cheese

1. Soften the onions in some frylight
2. I used frozen veg so I cooked the broccoli and spinach in the microwave whilst the onions softened
3. Add peppers, seasoning and garlic to the onions and cook until peppers are soft
4. Stir in the rice and cook for 1-2 minutes
5. Add the stock bit by bit, keep stirring the rice and once the stock is absorbed add your next lot of stock. I had to use extra stock (250ml) as it was too crunchy for me
6. Add the cooked broccoli and spinach and mix well
7. You can leave it here but I added the laughing cow light blue cheese and let it melt into the risotto

This recipe makes a big pan of risotto which is great on it's own or served with salad and meat. It's also really nice cold. I served mine with turkey steaks.







No comments:

Post a Comment