Search This Blog

Saturday 14 April 2012

Chilli and rice with salad and Greek yoghurt

Ingredients

Mince beef or quorn mince
Onions
Peppers
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Tin of kidney beans
Chilli powder or fresh chilli
Salt and Pepper

1. Brown the mince
2. Add chopped onions and peppers
3. Add in kidney beans and chopped tomatoes
4. Add chilli as much as you like and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Season to taste.


I serve chilli with rice and salad and some fat free Greek yoghurt as I am a whimp with spice.

My rice is half brown rice and half white rice.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Again looks really good Gemma. I'm going to need to go back and make some of your recipes. I'm torn between yours and the ones in this magazine I subscribe to. I generally make one big meal that lasts for the week and I've been doing this for about a year now, works well for me. I'll keep this in mind though. I wanted a rice dish this week but I decided on spaghetti instead. Maybe next week I'll try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chilli and rice is something I love eating but ALWAYS forget about when it comes to deciding what to make.

    Looks great, Gemma!

    ReplyDelete