Search This Blog

Thursday 7 June 2012

Weigh in update

I thought I would do a post on how my weight is doing. If you don't already know I am pregnant, I am currently 21+1 weeks pregnant so over half way there now. I have gained a total of 8lbs so far which means I have now lost a total of 63lbs which is 4 stone 7lbs. I am hoping that I don't gain too much more, however, I do know that the baby is now having a rapid growth spurt and to add to that I will be in the last trimester from the middle of July my weight gain isn't going to be as low as I wanted it to be.

I cannot blame this on the baby, my eating has been terrible and it has worried me how some days I can slip right back into my old habits that I took 14 months trying to get rid of. I do have my good days where my food intake is healthy and regulated but other days it is not even close to being good. I have to keep reminding myself that I am a different person to the one who started to lose weigh in January 2011, I can lose weight and I can lose it successfully and I am sure with the support I get from others, both in my personal life and my online life I would have been able to go on and lose more this year if I hadn't of got pregnant. I am completely OK with this as having a baby is the best thing ever and it's just happening a year before I planned. But when my baby gets here in October (please keep your fingers crossed it doesn't come on my birthday!) I will have another reason to add to the long list of reasons to lose weight and keep it off.

So instead of being consumed by the fact I am putting on weight I am going to try my best to eat well, especially as the baby can now taste what I am eating through the amniotic fluid and know that what I gain will be gone and that the support of those I have relied on will be there to support the rest of my weight loss.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could say I knew what this process was like (well, actually I don't wish that!), but anyway it seems to me you just have to stay mindful as much as you can. If you just totally forgot about eating healthy and exercise it would be far worse than just a few "good" days. I think many times hormones rule the day for us, and I'd bet that during pregnancy they're all flowing to push for massive weight gain. I've seen how stress events can totally derail me, even doing things like less exercise can be terrible in terms of lowering moods and encouraging comfort eating.

    If you followed a girl named "Rada" on YT, she really has lost a lot of weight pretty rapidly right after she had her first child. So it seems like you just need to weather the storm and do the best you can to keep the good habits, and on the other side you'll rebound very rapidly.

    ReplyDelete