Search This Blog

Saturday 21 April 2012

Weightloss is easy!

Let me start off by saying that this is not what I believe. I have just been on twitter and someone I follow retweeted the following tweet:

"Weight loss is easy. When you believe that the fat will melt instantly." This is said by the following twitter user Steve Miller who I think I have seen on some weight loss program on Sky Living.

My problem with this is weight loss is not easy, every person who I know that has lost a lot of weight puts a lot of hard work into it, not only is it hard work tracking everything you eat you have to factor in the complete change of lifestyle, time to exercise, time to plan meals and time to cook from scratch.

Most people have battled a lifetime with their weight, and contrary to popular belief fat people are not lazy or not bothered as many have tried many, many times to lose weight. Most have been successful and put it back on again to start out again tweaking what they did last time. Lets not forget the constant battle to maintain Bert speaks about here, there is also a link to an interesting article.

So the next time someone tells you that it is easy to lose weight, let them think that (or write an angry blog post!) and if they ever become overweight lets see how easy they find it to lose the weight once it's there. you should never lose sight of how much you have achieved whether you are just starting or nearly finished with losing weight, you have done an amazing thing that was most definitely not easy!

1 comment: