Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Creamy Pasta Bake

So after getting all my data from my broken computer I realised that I had a lot of recipes and food pictures that I haven't blogged so here is the first it's a creamy pasta bake. As usual I don't tend to weigh anything unless it's synned or a healthy extra so I have no measurements.


Ingredients


Pasta
Chopped Tomatoes
Any veg of your choice
Italian Oxo Cube
Garlic
Chilli
Quark
Healthy Extra A of cheese


1. Boil pasta until aldente
2. Fry vegetables together with garlic and chilli, add chopped tomatoes, oxo cube and herbs and simmer.
3. Once this is done stir in some quark (if you don't like this then you can leave it out or use a healthy extra of philidelphia cheese)
4. Combine all ingredients together and place in an oven proof dish.
5. Place in the oven on about 160 for 20 minutes, adding grated cheese to the top for the last 5 minutes of cooking. It's is done when cheese is melted and pasta had a crunchy top.
6. Serve with a salad




2 comments:

  1. It looks good. I have to say though, without some idea of calories it's hard for me to gauge what a portion size would look like for me. Also I'm not enough of a cook to know how much of the various ingredients to add on my own. But anyway, it makes me hungry looking at it so I'm going to go eat my dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't calorie count so couldn't guess but I figure most of the calories are in the pasta as the sauce is essentially all vegetables apart from quark which is a skimmed milk cheese, the quark I use is 69 calories per 100g but I do know not everyone is a fan of it but I love it. I'm lucky on the plan I follow this is all free food so essential I could eat a few platefuls but pasta fills me up so this is fine for me.

      Delete